Thanks to Zvi Solow for sending along these two hilarious pieces of political satire from the Friday Israeli papers:
More Laws That Ehud Barak May Support
1. Death penalty for traitors
2. A quota for non-Jews in universities.
3. A Basic Law: The security minister will always be named Ehud Barak.
4. A law to limit birth among non-Jews.
5. A law to imprint the national anthem on everyone’s chest.
6. Forbidding of the use of the words “Naqba”, “Muhammad” and “Al Aksa”
7. A basic law: All [Israeli] wars are just wars.
–Haaretz Friday Supplement, 15/10/10, p.11
Fascism Will Not Pass…or It Will
Poll results: 80% of the population define themselves as democrats, while 55% support limiting freedom of expression [even if there is no security threat]. Only 63% support the right to vote for Palestinian Israelis. 26% support “a strong leader” who will make decisions instead of the government & the Knesset. Among immigrants from the former Soviet Union, it’s 53 %.
–Yediot Shabbat Supplement, 15/10/10, p.6