Israel’s Channel 2 TV news has unearthed a surveillance video recorded by the Wadi Hilweh Information Center of key portions of the incident during which a settler security guard killed a Palestinian stone thrower.
First, here is what the guard claimed according to reports in the Israeli media:
1. he was ambushed by a group of stone-throwing Palestinians
2. the road had been blocked with garbage cans, and he could not continue
3. he had to step out of his SUV to remove them
4. he was then pelted with stones by the group which made him fear for his life
5. he returned to his SUV but could not start the engine
6. he had to shoot in order to defend himself (one report even had the temerity to claim the guard shot in the air and one of these bullets killed the Palestinian!)
If you watch the following video, here is what you will see:
1. the jeep drives from right to left (01:19 of the video clip) at 04:00 AM
2. a figure runs in the direction of the SUV, likely throws a stone at it (at 1:25 of the clip), and then runs in the opposite direction
3. the SUV turns around and pursues the stone-thrower (left to right) at which time the shooting likely occurred.
At 04:01 AM., guards can be seen then running towards the jeep and towards the
3. At 04:06 a car (apparently a Palestinian vehicle) can be seen driving (left
to right) through the road which should have been blocked according to the guard’s
What you won’t see in the video: a group of Palestinians throwing rocks at the car. Further, if you look at the list of things the guard claims he did and that happened to him, it is clear all of this could not have happened in less than the minute’s time from when the Palestinian threw a stone till the guards swarmed the shooting scene.
Here is what really happened: a Palestinian threw a stone at the guard’s SUV. He decided he would teach the guy a lesson. He got his gun, got out of his vehicle, confronted the stone thrower and shot him. And there couldn’t even have been much of an argument between them to escalate the confrontation since there was less than a minute in which this could’ve happened. I call this a stone for a bullet: justice settler style. And since the guards are funded by the government we have to call this justice Israel style.
Channel 10 news tellingly called its story: Murder of a Youngster in Silwan.
So you have yet another case of Palestinian murder by Israeli security forces (in this case state-funded pro-settler goons) and a cover-up that is a tissue of lies. You can be sure that this fellow will be rewarded and back on the job in no time. He done good. The settlers are probably throwing parties for the guy as you read this.
And they wonder why there have been four days of rioting over this murder.