Palestinian Surveillance Video Gives Lie to Settler Guard’s Claims About Shooting
Israel’s Channel 2 TV news has unearthed a surveillance video recorded by the Wadi Hilweh Information Center of key portions of the incident during which a settler security guard killed a Palestinian stone thrower.
First, here is what the guard claimed according to reports in the Israeli media:
1. he was ambushed by a group of stone-throwing Palestinians
2. the road had been blocked with garbage cans, and he could not continue
3. he had to step out of his SUV to remove them
4. he was then pelted with stones by the group which made him fear for his life
5. he returned to his SUV but could not start the engine
6. he had to shoot in order to defend himself (one report even had the temerity to claim the guard shot in the air and one of these bullets killed the Palestinian!)
If you watch the following video, here is what you will see:
1. the jeep drives from right to left (01:19 of the video clip) at 04:00 AM
2. a figure runs in the direction of the SUV, likely throws a stone at it (at 1:25 of the clip), and then runs in the opposite direction
3. the SUV turns around and pursues the stone-thrower (left to right) at which time the shooting likely occurred.
At 04:01 AM., guards can be seen then running towards the jeep and towards the
3. At 04:06 a car (apparently a Palestinian vehicle) can be seen driving (left
to right) through the road which should have been blocked according to the guard’s
What you won’t see in the video: a group of Palestinians throwing rocks at the car. Further, if you look at the list of things the guard claims he did and that happened to him, it is clear all of this could not have happened in less than the minute’s time from when the Palestinian threw a stone till the guards swarmed the shooting scene.
Here is what really happened: a Palestinian threw a stone at the guard’s SUV. He decided he would teach the guy a lesson. He got his gun, got out of his vehicle, confronted the stone thrower and shot him. And there couldn’t even have been much of an argument between them to escalate the confrontation since there was less than a minute in which this could’ve happened. I call this a stone for a bullet: justice settler style. And since the guards are funded by the government we have to call this justice Israel style.
Channel 10 news tellingly called its story: Murder of a Youngster in Silwan.
So you have yet another case of Palestinian murder by Israeli security forces (in this case state-funded pro-settler goons) and a cover-up that is a tissue of lies. You can be sure that this fellow will be rewarded and back on the job in no time. He done good. The settlers are probably throwing parties for the guy as you read this.
And they wonder why there have been four days of rioting over this murder.
11 thoughts on “Palestinian Surveillance Video Gives Lie to Settler Guard’s Claims About Shooting – Tikun Olam תיקון עולם إصلاح العالم”
Comments are published at the sole discretion of the owner.
I’m not so sure the guard is going to be back on the job in no time. He may get crucified to clear everybody else. You can see that he’s not well protected by the fact that the video was shown on TV instead of being put under gag order.
It’s the “crazy soldier” trick we learned from Egypt and Jordan. The government is peace-loving, and has nothing to do with a single person gone berserk. What he did was terrible, but it’s all just a sad mistake.
Good work on the video, but I noticed one of the links which has a false hed. The PA does indeed support the siege.
Anyn – there’s the problem that the thugs from the Jerusalem PD have already bound themselves to the murderer’s version.
Is the embedded video different from the linked one? Because I can’t view the former.
I’m guessing there is some kind of rights issue which prevents overseas websites from displaying the video. I’m trying to get it on YouTube where I can display it w/o problem.
VIDEO (02:43) – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb8pq9qrfRQ
so why did the residents first claim that the victim was just coming home from work and got into an argument?
why not admit that he did throw a stone, but the response was excessive?
He WAS coming home from work and he DID get into an argument though unfortunately the argument involved someone pulling out a pistol & killing him. Ummm, is murder merely “excessive?”
1. There is no visible shooting or rock-throwing on the video. We have to accept testimony about this. There isn’t enough evidence on the video to say who shot the victim. Examining the bullet should do it, though.
2. The Arab rioting did no good whatever.
3. Apparently: One guy shot another guy and lied about it. If this had happened in Chicago it might not have made even the local news.
Let’s say a cop shot a black guy in Chicago. Would that prove that Obama, or Mayor Daley was racist? Trying to paste the killing on the nation of Israel is wildly irrational.
4. The shooter is going to be pilloried because the Kadima/Labor side of things needs an issue. This won’t be covered up.
5. It’s early days yet. Let’s see what the investigation turns up.
Chicago isn’t Jerusalem. Or weren’t you aware of that?
My point is that events in Jerusalem often get blown out of proportion.
“Blown out of proportion??!” I’d suggest that you have no idea of what Jerusalem is, what emotions are roiling there & how absolutely powder keg dangerous the situation is. Do you realize that a major war could easily start there if certain conditions were met? Get real would you & understand what you’re talking about.