I have just created a new Facebook group protesting the Gaza flotilla massacre. I hope you will consider joining and circulate word to everyone you know to ask that they do so. We must rally to demand justice and accountability for the events of last night. Here are the demands I’ve included as part of the group’s mandate:
1. an independent UN investigation under supervision of Security Council with the power to investigate possible war crimes and report results to the Council for referral to International Criminal Court.
2. the U.S. government condemn unequivocally the attack on a Turkish ship in international waters; and join other EU countries in withdrawing our ambassador.
3. Israel immediately end the Gaza siege
4. all flotilla members be immediately released and that bodies of the killed be immediately returned to their families for forensic autopsies to determine the manner and cause of death.
5. all nations whose citizens were killed, injured or detained withdraw their ambassadors until these conditions are agreed to by Israel.
I intend that the group’s members share information, research, events, etc. in order to defeat Israel’s wish for impunity.
Please write to the State Department and White House to echo these demands.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Official: As many as 9 Americans on Gaza relief flotilla (cnn.com)
- Amy Goodman: Interview: At Least 15 Dead After Israel Attacks Gaza-Bound Aid Flotilla (huffingtonpost.com)
- Blogosphere Reactions to the Gaza Flotilla Tragedy (rabbibrant.com)